May 3, 2010

Strep Throat

Sweet Danijela has strep throat. She mentioned a sore throat recently. It wasn't until Friday when she asked me,"Mama, will you pray for my throat?" that I knew something was really wrong. What sweet words & a little odd. She rarely admits to not feeling well. Here are the symptoms:

  • Severe & sudden sore throat w/o other cold symptoms.
  • Pain or difficulty swallowing.
  • Fever over 101F
  • Swollen lymph nodes
  • White/yellow spots or coating on throat and tonsils
  • Bright red throat or dark red spots on roof of mouth
  • Swollen tonsils
Yesterday I spoke with one 24/7 Parkland hotline nurse, our insurance nurse and our doctor. Dr. Nale is not concerned. We have an appointment today @ 3:20.

Oh, when I was speaking to a nurse, Danijela was crying & asking (begging) to speak to the nurse. Her first question was "Am I going to die?" and then "Will I have to have a shot?" I don't know exactly what the nurse said, but Danijela calmed down completely. Then off in search of a chocolate milkshake breakfast!

1 comment:

B said...

Oh dear, the rash too? Poor baby! Hope she is feeling better soon!